Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today

So after my meeting with my boss, I have to take the bus to go to my ex's place so I can meet them there before we head to a Speech Therapist for my daughter, who is 5. My mother in law is convinced she isn't talking at the level she should be, and in some ways I know she is right. She does seem to have hard time grasping certain concepts. But.. like any mother, I don't want there to be anything wrong with her. But if there is something that can be treated.... then now is the best time to catch it. Not looking forward to having to deal with the ex, or the in laws, but I'm very excited to get to see my daughter.

It sucks that I can't see her more often, but working from home in a job that allows for 0 background noise.. to the point I would get fired if it was heard on the phone that she was calling "hey mommy", just makes it impossible for me to have her here and self occupied.. especially with a 10 hour shift. Add to that I can't afford daycare, and don't have a car, the only real plausible option is for my Mother in law to watch her while I am working, which is awesome she's willing to do, but without a car, that means I only see my daughter on my days off, and that's assuming I don't have to work overtime to try to catch up.

But I know it's temporary, I just have to keep at it till I am able to have her here all the time.. which will happen.. if it's the last thing I do.

So yeah.. worried about the appointment.. will post an update afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment