Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Zoo and the Flood

So this is the tale of taking my daughter to the zoo, and nearly getting caught in a flood on the way home.. She had a blast at the zoo.. we saw the Elephants, lions, a mongoose, cheetah, hyenna, the monkeys, a macaw and a snake.. she got to pet the snake, twice actually, she had a blast, we had hot dogs and while waiting for my burger to cook.. the storm moved in.. So we went to the souvenier shop and got her the present I promised her if she was really good.. she chose a little purple purse and a purple mini waterbottle.. she was so proud of it, was showing it off to everyone .. "mommy got it for me" So that made my day. It's not often these days I get to treat her.
So then we had to swing by the in laws to get her some clothes and her toys. Had to hang out there a bit while Father in law took my nephew to the gym, and Karma was watching this clip of Sonic X that had the "This is Halloween" song from Nightmare before Christmas, she loves that song, that kinda makes me proud, her favorite holiday seems to be Halloween like mine, though she can't decide if she wants to Snow White again or a Witch this year. Proceeded to have an argument with the ex about whether or not Nightmare before Christmas was an appropiate move for a kid to watch, he was seeming to think I'd let her watch it now.. I had planned to wait a couple years, but it's one of my favs. Anyways, while driving to my place, the storm hit full force and I swear.. it flooded in parts of Denver, the lower parts anyways, where I live is a bit of higher ground, so I got lucky, but it was sheets of rain.. literally.. never seen anything like it. Included some hail too. Ex and I got Karma in the building.. kept her mostly dry, but we got soaked in the process.
Then once the rain stopped, took Karma swimming in the pool, she loves to swim, and she is a fish I swear! She was diving and swimming easily underwater, swam the length of the pool, with me next to her of course, but she did it on her own. I was soo proud. She's eating ramen now while I write about this. I haven't had her home with me in a few weeks, so I'm on cloud nine right now with her here.

On a side note, I get a cat next weekend!! My grandmother breeds siamese cross breeds and she has an all black shorthair that wasn't spoken for.. woohoo.. she's bringing it down, not sure if it's a boy or girl yet, she's bringing it down next weekend with litter and food too! I'm soo excited!! Will update later once I get it

No comments:

Post a Comment